Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resolutions Revisited

It's already the end of April?!?


What the heck happened after Christmas and New Years to make me go *POOF*


All I know is, that the months have completely flown by and now winter is gone. (Hurray!)
...And on further observation, I recently realized that all 12 of my carefully thought out New Years Resolutions have gone with it!


A big fan of saying and keeping with the "better late than never" attitude, I guess now is as good a time as ever to re-visit those things that I resolved to do (or not do) in 2011 and give it some real effort! Only this time, I'll be more realistic about the goals themselves, and therefore, more likely to stick with it. Or so my logic dictates.


1. Be in the best shape of my life.

I never resolve to diet or exercise. Why? Because it never sticks. People do it every single year, after the holidays are over, and they last until early to mid-February. And that's the really dedicated ones!
So, I did resolve to better myself. Not based on a dress size or a number on the scale, but on an overall feeling of happiness and well-being. My 1st resolution was to work out at least 4x a week and eat a lot less junk.
How did I do in January? Not great. Post holiday parties and such. And of course, my BIRTHDAY! (Holy Cow, I'm 26!)
February? I spent the 1st half of it making the Jade Pacific delivery guy my new best friend. And the only workouts I did involved shoveling the massive amounts of snow that fell on Boston. (that counts)
March? Enrolled in bi-weekly Boot Camp classes. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 a.m.  Also developed an addiction to Red Baron microwave deep dish pizzas.
April? Finally hit my stride! Boot Camp 3x a week before work, getting my cardio endurance up and gaining some full body strength. Thank God for muscle memory!



2. Take ballet

After watching Black Swan (twice) I got up the courage to buy a leotard, tights, legwarmers and ballet shoes and took not one, but three, beginner classes. Check!


3. Learn French. Hello Rosetta Stone!

Working on it...
Bonjour! Je me presente: Je m'appelle Marykate.
(Hello! Let me introduce myself: My name is Marykate)
Not too bad. Check!


4. Go back to school

...Work in progess


5. Write more.

Well, what am I doing now?

No comments:

Post a Comment