Friday, September 2, 2011

Afternoon Delight

I've got a secret.

I've been spending my free week day afternoons in a very non-productive way. Since I've been working odd shifts, I often find myself free on a random Tuesday or Wednesday with nothing at all to do. So, I decided to do something I love to do...

go to the movies!






O.K. not the biggest revelation in the world, but it's a little treat to myself.
Some gals wouldn't feel comfortable going to a movie alone. But, what if your friends or your date doesn't want to see the movie you do? If there's a chick flick or an indie film you really want to see, I say, go for it!



And when you're on a budget, you can't beat a matinee...


I've found a new guilty pleasure that I don't feel the least bit guilty about. And it's not just being able to eat a large bucket of movie-theater popcorn without having to share (though that part is pretty awesome)
it's about escaping the stresses of the world for a few hours, getting out of the traffic, getting out of your head, and just enjoy a good show.



As author Robert McCammon once said:

When people get weepy at movies, it’s because in that dark theater the golden pool of magic is touched, just briefly. Then they come out into the hard sun of logic and reason again and it dries up, and they’re left feeling a little heartsad and not knowing why. When a song stirs a memory, when motes of dust turning in a shaft of light takes your attention from the world, when you listen to a train passing on a track at night in the distance and wonder where it might be going, you step beyond who you are and where you are. For the briefest of instants, you have stepped into the magic realm.

That’s what I believe. 









...I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

  1. Hey MK! I've listed you as a recipient of the Liebster blog award and the Versatile Blogger award. Congrats! Details here: http://jessica-therrien.blogspot.com/2011/09/im-feeling-love.html

    ReplyDelete