Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween

I know I'm a few days late on this post, but, Happy Halloween anyway!

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I have a serious love for the holidays and Halloween just happens to be one of my favorites. I love eating candy, handing out candy, going to Salem, giving myself a good scare, and most of all...I love dressing up!

Ever since I was a little kid, I've put a lot of thought and time into my Halloween costume.
My mom, who loves Halloween herself, actually hand made most of my and my sister's costumes.

But now that I'm a grown up (and I use that term pretty loosely) I've only become more fanatical about it.

This year, my now, ex-boyfriend Paul, decided to be "Aldous Snow" a.k.a Russell Brand.
So, naturally, I decided to go as Katy Perry. There was a lot of debate over which version of the bubblegum pop princess I was going to try and recreate...

Would I wear my hair blue?

too short.

too...blue

Katy pulls it off a lot better than I do.




Eventually I decided to go with the "purple-pink" wig that she wears in the California Gurls video.




Now this is more my color...

Yes!

As for the costume, I went more the home-made route, with mom's help, of course.
And in the interest of saving a few bucks, I didn't buy an adult costume. Instead, I found a "candy land" dress in the kids section of the costume shop and was thrilled to find that an extra large kids fit me perfectly!




To complete the look, I wore white fishnet stockings and a pair of magenta pumps and some jewelry and accessories found at Burlington Coat Factory. Again, my mom did that part.
I also added some candy necklaces and bracelets!



For make-up, I wore...A lot of it!
Full face make-up with super long false lashes, winged eyeliner and a matte magenta lipstick.




And the best accessory?


An AWESOME Russell Brand lookalike boyfriend!



He did good!



(But I did better!)

Paul, Luke, Mk

What a great time! Here are some other notable Halloween looks from friends...


Becca & Justin

Talena & Mk

Oh, and of course, Fitz dressed up!







3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such a good time! We did too. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss u too girlie! Love the 80's look you two were rockin!

    ReplyDelete