Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 2

Day 2


Got a great night's sleep and was up and at 'em pretty early.

We had a busy day ahead of us and I was eager to work out before we hit the road again!

I got another long walk in, logging about a mile and a half on my way to the gym, which was pretty easy to do...


See what I mean?

The fitness center itself was pretty great too!



Counting the walk over as my warm-up, I hopped on the elliptical for 10 minutes, treadmill for 10 minutes, stair-climber for 10 minutes for a total of 30 minutes.



I did a lot of stretching with pilates bands and did some ab work on the bosu ball.


Then made a mental note to take an outdoor spin class before leaving LA!

...and I cooled down by walking back to the room!

Actually, I took a detour to the "gift shop" which turned out to be oh-so-much more than that!

Sea Beans Cafe

Sea Beans rocked my breakfast every single day of our visit! I ordered a nonfat cafe au lait with Stevia (yes, they had stevia) and a berry muffin, which was more like a cobbler. And then it was time to shower and get changed for our drive to Tustin, CA for a family BBQ!

The drive was about an hour and forty-five minutes, and my tummy was sick again, but we were so thrilled to see our west coast family, it didn't matter!

Me, my cousin Brian, the groom

Brian and my sister, Em

Dinner was slim pickings (for me) since it was pretty much all meat! But most everyone loved it. It was an impressive spread: ribs, pork and beans, burgers, wings...And for us vegetarians, caesar salad sans chicken and fingerling potato salad. And of course, apple pie a la mode for dessert!



The day/night was filled with swimming, diving, splashing...



Laughing...




Kids...



Ping-Pong...


And a dip in the jacuzzi!


It was so awesome to be with family and to meet a lot of great new people!

When it was time to leave, Em took over driving, and though her iphone GPS
had got us there no problem (which I found pretty impressive, since I don't have a smartphone) we did hit a few unexpected detours trying to get back to the hotel. At 11 p.m. we found ourselves on the entry ramp to the Long Beach Aquarium

Oops!

Very pretty, yes. But not where we were trying to go!


With less than 5% battery life on the iphone, Em managed to stay calm and use her inner navigation system to get us back to the Terranea before midnight!



Em saved the day-er-night, rather, and despite being thoroughly exhausted, I was really hungry!

I decided to indulge and called the all-night room service for some (more) dessert. The guy couldn't have been nicer on the phone and when he said "May I suggest the peanut butter cookies? We have a batch fresh out of the oven." I thought I'd died and gone to sweet-tooth heaven!

May you? Yes!





These bad boys were the size of salad plates and were warm, chewy and exceptionally delicious! I only managed half of one before wrapping them up and calling it a night. But the cookies were a very sweet ending to an already sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment