Friday, July 15, 2011

Improvisation & Harry Potter

I've been a little off lately.

I don't really know how else to explain it.

Last summer I was very disciplined in my workouts and this summer, I'm kind of all over the place.
What with injuries and vacations and the random life stuff that tends to get in the way...

But I've decided (wisely, I think) not to stress over it. Summer is a time to be relaxed, so I've let myself relax a little and actually enjoy it all!

My workouts aren't as structured.
My meals are kind of scattered.
My smallest mini skirt is even mini-er

BUT

I have a killer tan.
I see my friends more often.
And I've been laughing a lot more.

I got up early this morning after a not-so-great night of sleep and pushed myself to go to kickboxing at 8:30 a.m. and I'm so glad I did! I worked up a sweat, stretched a lot, and had energy to do a bunch of errands before work.



I did plan on getting a few things done after work, but I was really tired and had have a ridiculous sinus headache. So, I listened to my body and laid down for a few hours, and before I knew it I was popping an Aleve and getting ready to meet some friends to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Part 2
feeling super excited!

The four of us weren't able to get tickets to the first two available shows so we took what we could get and settled into the sports bar that's actually inside the theater and had a round of cape codders (for those of you not from Boston, that's a vodka-cranberry with lime)

I like mine with a splash of gingerale


Finally we got our seats and I went for a large popcorn with no extra butter and a small diet coke-Dinner!

The movie was so good, and I'm home with a full and happy belly and a smile. Improvising is definitely a good thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment