Monday, June 6, 2011

Hooray for Starbucks!

Ah, thank goodness for Starbucks!



After an unusually late night for me, I set my alarm for 7:15 so I could get a good workout in. I was already famished (Probably because I skipped dinner and ate a big bag of flamin hot cheetos after work. Bad Mk)

So good you'll lick your orange fingers, burn your tongue, and go in for more!


Luckily, I had my post-workout breakfast all planned out!

Since I needed a little caffeine boost, I stopped by Starbucks for a java fix after the gym. Before would've been a better idea. But I digress. I got a tall Americano with skim milk and it totally did the trick! I've been trying to lay off the caffeine so the small (for those who don't speak Starbucks) was just enough!

I also got the "perfect oatmeal" which is just that! It's the perfect size, comes with all the fixins, super easy to eat on the go. Yummy+Healthy+Convenient+Portable=a good meal for me!


I didn't eat it on the go, however, which is one of the (many) great things about Saturdays! I got to bring my oatmeal home, and by that time, it had cooled just enough to make Julie's chocolatey peanut butter oats! I've been trying to make sure that no one throws empty peanut butter jars away so I could do this with my oatmeal...
YAY! They were paying attention!

So I combined my perfect-sized oatmeal with a scoop of chocolate protein powder and a tablespoon of cocoa powder and ate it out of the mostly empty peanut butter jar. SO GOOD. I don't know who came up with the idea originally but it is awesome! It's like having a more filling version of Resee's Peanut Butter Cups for breakfast!


Since I'm already kind of on a tangent here, I want to mention how much I love the new(ish) healthy options Starbucks has to offer, especially the smoothies! I am bananas for the chocolate vivanno smoothie, and working part time at a Starrbucks brand cafe, I get to make them and enjoy them all the time. I'm lucky like that.


Here's the nutrition info for a grande (medium) size...

270 calories
21 grams of protein
6 grams of fiber
5 grams of fat
No artificial sweeteners
...I also love their to-go options. My favorite is the protein platter or the fruit, cheese and nut one.
protein platter
yogurt parfait

healthy snacking

Now if only it wasn't so darned expensive! I'd eat every meal there if I could!

As it is, I had vanilla fro-yo soft serve with rainbow jimmies (that's sprinkles for those of you NOT from Massachusetts!) for dinner. 


Oh boy. I gotta get back on track here!




No comments:

Post a Comment