Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sisters




My sister, Emily, may be a year younger than me, but I look up to her for so, so many different reasons. We grew up close in age and were always close together. Our relationship hasn't been without strain, but I feel that--I hope that--We're closer now because of it.

"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double."  -Toni Morrison

Emily and I are polar opposites. As different as night and day. Our differences, our unique characteristics, my Mk-ness and her Em-ness, are what makes us who we are. We compliment each other. Like flip sides of the same coin. Where I am more reserved, she is assertive. Where she has a bit of a temper, I tend to calm. These differences, so obvious from the get-go, make me appreciate her all the more.


gorgeous, right?



Emily...
Is independent, hard working, dedicated, loyal, maternal, childish, brash, sensitive, assertive, determined, stubborn, beautiful, confident, caring, generous, a selfless partner, an amazing friend...

Em and her guy, AJ


Em's many friends at her 25th Birthday Party

Em  + Amanda, best friends. My best girls.


...She is someone I admire and respect. She's the woman who inspires me, questions me, pushes me to be better. She's the person I turn to when I'm not sure where else to go.






She's my person.

Em, I love you more than words could ever day, Em. I hope this year holds many many wonderful things for you. I'm so excited for our "girls trip" to CA with mom and I'm excited for all of the wonderful times yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment