Thursday, June 2, 2011

If I had a Super Power...

I wish I had super healing abilities...



Actually, I wish I were less of a klutz, but since I'm not, I wish I could heal my foot super fast and get back on the move! I am not a girl who does well with idle time. And in the past few days, I've actually accomplished a lot (renewed my license, folded every piece of laundry I own, did some on-line shopping, baked two different desserts and got dinner started...) I've also read a lot of magazines. And I started thinking about super heroes...



Hence, my last post on "Wonder Women"

The newest Wonder Woman


Also, last night,  I was reading the June issue of Allure magazine (I adore Allure, particularly this issue, because it's their annual "Best of Beauty" issue, which I'll post more on later-promise!) which features Mad Men's January Jones.



Being a huge fan of Mad Men and of January Jones (a.k.a Betty Francis) I read the whole article and saw that Ms. Jones is going to be starring in the soon-to-be released X-Men: First Class which I now really want to see!




J. Jones plays a super-villain mutant named Emma Frost.

Emma Frost
Emma Frost, from what I read in the article, has the power of telepathy (with telekinetic potential. Whatever that means...) But the really cool power that she has is that she can become indestructible by taking on the unassailable form or--get this--a diamond!


What woman wouldn't want that power? Superman is the man of Steel. Emma Frost is the woman of Diamond. Her skin turns into millions of sparkly diamonds when under attack, giving a whole new meaning to "Diamonds are a girl's best friend"



So cool!

From the stills I saw, it looks like Emma Frost also has a thing for garters and corsets...


Which is kinda funny, because so does Betty Draper!


Hmmm, I wonder if super-hotness is a legit super power? I know a lot of men who would be rendered helpless by this kind of hotness...

I think I'd like super hotness too. Or super lingerie. I'd like to have a lot of powers! I think the top one on my list right now would be some kind of time control.

If you had a super power, what would yours be?

No comments:

Post a Comment