Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm BACK!

I can't believe I've only been off my feet (well, foot) for a week! It felt like months...

I was super excited to get back to kickboxing @ Bruce McCorry's for my 2nd consecutive a.m. work out!


I love this place. And like I said yesterday, it is my all time favorite workout!

I can't really give a good description of the exact workout, because it's constantly changing day-to-day, and that's really one of the best things about it: the variety. And because we're technically in a dojo, we do all of our kicking and punching barefoot. It's great in the summer because you can just kick off your flip-flops and start working out (like I did today)

And I know there was a lot of variety AND a lot of summer heat today, because I felt like this afterward:

(in a good way, of course)

I also probably shouldn't have gone full throttle on the kicks, squats and lunges because my foot was realllly sore, and it wasn't yesterday. I think tomorrow and Monday will be "holiday days" for me and my little piggies!

(btw, I do drive with my left foot on the dash.  It's a habit I picked up from my aunt)
I couldn't go straight home because I had a few things to pick up...Ernie's Harvest Market on Boston Street was my only destination and it was buzzing this morning. I ended up parking at Dunkin Donuts and walking hobbling there. I'm not surprised it was so busy, the produce was amazing!


It's so SO nice to be able to buy fresh produce of the cheap (outside) especially after all the rain we've had. I bought 4 packages of strawberries and 2 bushels of bananas, all for under $10

nice, huh?

biggest I've ever seen!
(that's what she said)

Since I had so much fruit I cut up a bunch and put them in my new tupperware containers (which I desperately needed!) because I like to freeze fresh fruit and use it in smoothies. Or just to snack on.



FINALLY made breakfast/lunch, which is now a late lunch, thankful to have a double batch of muesli already in the fridge and ready for the eatin because I am super hungry! This muesli had lots of fruit and nuts (I added extra last night) so all I had to do today was add a few spoonfuls of Chobani )% yogurt and sprinkle cinnamon n sugar on top.

YUMMY!
Fitz and I also worked on his tricks and went for a long walk--long for him, anyway, he's an 8 lb. puppy and he has short legs. He also doesn't really seem to "get" why it's hot out. His first few weeks "going out" were spent in the snow, so he thinks he's an Alaskan Malamute. He also doesn't know that water will cool him down, so I have to toss ice cubes at him. And he's dumbfounded.

What do you want me to do with this?


Fitz is not very photogenic, and at this point, I think he's just annoyed with my picture-taking.

I'm full and I'm tired, Mom, leave me alone.

NO MORE PICTURES!

No comments:

Post a Comment