Thursday, May 19, 2011

My "peanut butter thing"

I've always loved peanut butter...Who doesn't? But this past week, I've gone through 3 jars of this stuff:


               I don't know why (or even if) it's different but I'm freaking obsessed with it!

Last summer, I started using peanut butter to make healthy (healthy-ish?) desserts for myself. And I just revived an old favorite. Since it didn't come from any recipe and it's just me mixing a few ingredients together, I've aptly titled it my "peanut butter thing"

To make:

1 container plain 0% Fage Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of Honey
1/4 cup Skippy Natural PB (or whatever kind of peanut butter is your preference)
1/4 cup Cool Whip Lite (optional)

mix to together, stick it in the freezer, drizzle some honey over the top, and OmGoodness, that is some yummy peanut butter ice cream!

Another good "peanut butter ice cream" can be made by eliminating the yogurt and blending 1-2 frozen bananas with a few tablespoons of peanut butter and honey. Delicious!

My other favorite treat in the summer time: Frozen bananas and grapes, dipped in, what else? 
peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment